Magnesium is an essential nutrient with many functions in the human body:
- it helps maintain energy and combat fatigue
- it helps build and maintain bones and teeth
- it contributes to the health of nerve, muscle and cell membranes
- it contributes to normal muscle function, including the heart
- it helps with protein manufacture
- it can help to keep some of the body’s other mineral and hormone systems in balance
One dose provides 1.7 mg active magnesium. This is about 0.5% of the recommended daily intake.
- Magnesium is readily available in a normal balanced diet. But for some people it may not be possible to source or absorb all the magnesium they need. Correcting a magnesium deficiency could reduce tiredness and fatigue, help to restore nerve and muscle function, and support the health of bones and teeth.High doses of magnesium can have a laxative effect. It is recommended to keep below 400mg per day unless prescribed by a practitioner.